Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Vintage Coverlet - Crocheted Roses

I worked at the cottage some today, taking pics of things, trying to list items in my shop. Really, the housekeepers are coming tomorrow, so I was trying to get all my stuff stuffed into closets so they could have a path for the vacuum - LOL. I ran across this vintage coverlet that I purchased a while back and I just got so excited about it, how it looked, with all those crocheted roses - 220 of them. And how it looked on the bed. It has this wonderful 8" crocheted trim around three of the edges and the other edge just tucks under your pillows. I believe it to be completely handmade - Can you imagine the time it would take to do that?? The edges just looked so pretty hanging over the side of the bed. Just had to share with you gals...









Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

In a million YEARS I cannot fathom the time, patience and attention to detail that that coverlet must have taken. What a fabulous find!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Absolutely beautiful!