Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Do...

tiered cake pillow crafted with vintage Cabin Crafts squiggle chenille,
a white button and ribbons

...is what I said when I was asked if I wanted to make a ring bearer pillow for a popular wedding magazine. Right after I ran around the room saying OMG about 50 times, the fear set in - oh, what will I do, now I have comitted, but what will I make. Well, after sleeping on it for a few nights I had an idea and then another and then another! LOL! I ended up making four to send and I am hoping they choose one for a future publication. If they don't, it really has been fun for me and has inspired me to add this line to my shop. It is just another way I can repurpose vintage texiles into something useful and beautiful! And anything is an excuse to buy more vintage fabrics! Right?? LOL! Ok, now tell me what y'all think about them and which are your favorites!
♥♥♥

heavy hemp linen topped with a blossom made with
hand-crocheted vintage lace and a jute tie

reproduction flour sack with vintage button and jute tie

from the top


each of the backs have a little place so that the ring bearer
can slip his hand in to steady the pillow

vintage matelasse tufted with a button and satin ribbons
simple and classic

4 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

I hope the magazine chooses one of your beautiful pillows Cindy! Congrats!

Sharon's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh I do love them all..but, I really really love the top one! It does look just like a decorated wedding cake!! Wonderful!! I'm so happy and excited for you!! Good luck and..don't forget to tell us which one they picked!
Hugs~Sharon

reprise vintage said...

congrats! they are all lovely!

sandy said...

I am such a pillow lady and I LOVE your pillows!