Sunday, August 7, 2011

i think i need help....

i spent the entire weekend going through and listing items from my booth at the antique mall


if you are thinking....hmmm...didn't she just get that booth a few months ago.....


didn't she spend LOTS of time filling it and checking it....


you would be correct! some things just don't work out


but, ya gotta try or ya never know


i did sell my big 1930s radio with record player and short wave


and my 1940s wood ironing board



and a few vintage sugar sacks that were not fit for pillows



i just about broke even after paying booth rent



and, of course, i was always buying everybody else's stuff!

and all this in an effort to simplify! lol!!

i just make more work for myself and now my shop looks like a vintage variety store exploded!

oh, well! :-)

hope y'all have a happy week and do something fun!

4 comments:

MomWaldsPlace said...

Well, now you can say you tried.

I started selling on Etsy to clean out my collections in order to simplify. Now I have all kinds of collections, boxes and boxes of collections to keep stocking the shop.

Figures!

Ashleigh said...

Where is there an antique mall in atlanta?? I want to go! :)

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

wow...I am at the exact same place with my booth. Had it a few years and I have been under water (i.e. - not even making my rent) for three months. I am thinking of doing the same as you and either expanding my current linenslaceandlattes shop or opening a new one. Best of luck to you! deb

Sherry@The BarnQuiltStore Blog said...

I just returned from Iowa, a trip to help clean out my parents house they had lived in for 50 years!
I came back to GA with all kinds of quilts, linens, pottery, etc. Mom had forgotten she had half of this stuff & Dad just wanted it gone! It was fun but now I have to decide where I'll put these treasures!
♥'s
Sherry