Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tropical Deco Delight

My love affair with vintage barkcloth is still flaming - ok, I cheated a little with some vintage grainsacks, but my first love is still my first love, as far as vintage textiles go! It is so rare and the styles and colors are like none seen today. I love the fauna fans on this pillow - reminds me of something growing up from the bottom of the sea and waving in the current - almost 3D looking! The colors are fabulous. This has been in my "to finish" basket for 2 years waiting on inspiration of what to put on the back. Well, I backed it with new black and cream toile - I love it! And put fabulous black tassel fringe on both ends. Stuffed her with a feather/down insert and she is ready to go. Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!!




No comments: