Saturday, October 4, 2008

Down on the Farm - Vintage Graphics

Don't you just love vintage feedsacks, floursacks and grainsacks...Everytime that I see one, the memories flood in of time spent on my grandparents farm. It is amazing how much influence that just being there with my grandparents and experiencing the hard work, wonderful meals of homegrown vegies, and stories of life in previous generations has had over my life - it is a part of me. I recently made some pillows with floursack towels that feature feedsack graphics - I surely loved creating these - hope you enjoy them too...

Time to feed the chickens...

Gotta make sure they get their nutrition - we need good eggs!

The pigs need chow too.....

Lots of nutrition so they grow really big!

More of these can be seen in my shop at http://www.catnapcottage.net/
~~~~~~~~
I was always afraid of the mother hens, so I did not get too close, but my sister Lori would pick up the biddies and mother hen would chase her around the yard - It was quite a sight! She wasn't afraid of the mama pigs either, she would get in the pen with them and go right past the 300 pound sows and pick up a little piggie - I just watched cautiously, warning her, from outside the fence - Such great memories!!

1 comment: