Saturday, January 3, 2009

Brooches

Little Snow Bird in Crocheted Nest

I have been exploring all the things I can make with a crochet hook and a bit of yarn and have had the most fun making dishcloths, scarves, and mug mats. But my new favorite thing is making brooches. I scored a lot of brightly colored virgin wool yarns (vintage, or course), lots of skeins and have been feverishly crocheting flowers ever since. I am awaiting some lovely vintage pearl half-round buttons that I found on etsy to put some more of these little pretties together. I just love the punch of color and uniqueness they add to a coat lapel, hat, scarf, etc. Here are a few of my creations so far...

Flower Brooch in Coral with Gray Daisy, Purple Center and Green Leaves

Red and Gold Daisy Flower Brooch with Vintage White Pearlized Rose Button

Little Red Bird in Crocheted Nest

Flower Brooch - Bright Yellow Rose Bud with Green Leaves


Flower Brooch - Bright Orange Sherbert and Turquoise Blue with Yellow and Spring Green Buttons

Flower Brooch - Extra Large Turquoise Blue with Red and Gray Blue Center Green Leaves

Thanks for visiting me today - These brooches, as well as other crocheted items, can be found in my shops. There will be lots more to come - this is too fun!!

3 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

I see you have had the crochet hook out too!! I have been crocheting and knitting too!! I loved your creations!!

Carriers Cozy Cottage said...

Hey Girl I love your Brooches !!


Visit my Blog to pick up your Blog Award !


Cozy

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

I adore the bird brooches!