Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

A Winter Wonderland
Mainz, Germany

This time last year, we were on our way home from Germany. We visited Mainz, Koln, Heidelberg and Frankfurt. The train rides between the cities were one of my favorite things. We passed ice-covered vineyards, old farmhouses and castles. It was very cold and snowy, kind of like being in a snow globe - what a magical Christmas. Hope you enjoy the pics and Happy New Year!!

The Heidelberg Castle

The Inner Courtyard of the Heidelberg Castle (only part of it - it is huge)

Overlooking Heidelberg from the Castle Wall

The Heidelberg Castle

The Castle Beer Keg

The Castle Wall

The Rhine River

The Dom (ca 1200)

Two of The Dom Windows - Inside

Me and Becky at the Dom

4 comments:

Jemjoop said...

Gorgeous pictures! Looks like a beautiful time of year to visit.
Jen

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Cindy the photos are breathtaking!! What a wonderful trip that must have been!! Hope you have a wonderful New Year ahead of you!

Carriers Cozy Cottage said...

Happy New Years !

I love your Blog ♥


Mona

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Hello. what a nice post on your trip to Germany. I was so surprised to see them when I first happened on your blog. I live in Germany and not too far from Koln, so those pics of the Dom really are familiar to me. Last Oct. my family and I went to the Black Forest for a few days and stopped in Heidelberg on the way back home. Isn't that castle just fantastic! I am happy to have found your blog. And to have seen pictures of Germany and hear the stories of your wonderful time here. take care, have a good day, Deborah